Do you have a feeling of pins and needles, tingling and prickling, sensation of electric-like pain, burning in feet and legs, sharp, stabbing pains, muscle weakness, coordination problems, paralysis, etc.? You may have Neuropathy.
Neuropathies are typically classified according to the problems they cause or what is at the root of the damage. There also are terms that express how extensively the nerves have been damaged. There are many factors that can cause peripheral neuropathies, so it is often difficult to pinpoint the origin. Neuropathies occur by one of three methods (Source: Web MD):
Acquired neuropathies are caused by environmental factors such as toxins, trauma, illness, or infection. Known causes of acquired neuropathies include:
Several rare inherited diseases
Poor nutrition or vitamin deficiency
Herniated discs in the back
Certain kinds of cancer
Conditions where nerves are mistakenly attacked by the body’s own immune system or damaged by an overaggressive response to injury
Kidney or thyroid disease
Infections such as Lyme disease, shingles, or AIDS
Idiopathic neuropathies are from an unknown cause. As many as one-third of all neuropathies are classified in this way.
We are a treatment center for physical therapy and rehab center for Neuropathy patients. Our treatment can help with the following:
- Relax Muscle Spasm
- Prevent or retard Disuse Atrophy
- Muscle Re-Education
- Maintain or Increase Range of Motion
- Increase Local Blood
- Immediate Post-surgical
- Circulation stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
Our treatment is:
- Non-Invasive, Simple to Use
- Reduce Disuse Atrophy and Re-Educate Muscle
- Relax Muscle Spasms & Increase Local Circulation
Our neuropathy treatment is very popular amongst residents in Cerritos, Artesia, Buena Park, Cypress, Downey, La Palma, Lakewood, Long Beach, Norwalk, Fullerton, Bellflower, Los Alamitos, Seal Beach, Leisure World, La Mirada, and the surrounding cities.
Achieve deep muscle contractions without discomfort.
- Neuropathy Results Achieve results in cases from whiplash to diabetic neuropathy. Prevent or retard Disuse Atrophy, muscle re-education, maintain or increase range of motion, and increase circulation. Treatments must be done as outlined and it is recommended that at least two 45 minute treatment sessions per day be done for the first month, to see rapid, dramatic results.
- Effectiveness Effectiveness has been seen within the maintenance program developed for paralyzed patients dealing with the problems which develop from paralysis (i.e. disuse atrophy, reduced circulation, spasms, and pain caused by all of these).
- Reduce Inflammation The restrictive inflammation is reduced by the movement of electricity. There is such a large amount of current that it “fools” the CNS causing it to send the appropriate chemicals to “repair” the damaged area.
- Repair Damaged Areas There is such a large amount of current that it “fools” the CNS causing it to send the appropriate chemicals to “repair” the damaged area of the axon which has been demyelinated and “has a leak”.
- Strong Muscle Contractions Stronger muscle contractions without damaging the skin as some of the other electrical stimulators do when they are turned high enough to get a muscle contraction.
- Invoke Muscle Fibers Invoke “inactive” muscle fibers (due to injury, trauma, disuse, etc.). Relax muscles, disuse atrophy, re-educate muscle, improve range of motion, & increase blood circulation.